Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Burden of Adaptation: Dune


So yeah, I'm reading Frank Herbert's Dune now. Guess which Sci-Fi classic movie this has anything to do with...

David Lynch is one of my least favorite directors and the man isn't even working in film anymore! Still I have seen more of his garbage than any other hack I can think of, even Tony Scott. His films are tedious, repellent, and boring with a capital "B".

And yes, I am a sci-fi kinda guy. I've enjoyed the works of Bradbury, Asimov, Dick, and Heilein's Starship Troopers. Dune has long been on my radar and now in light of a recent assignment for my Adaptation of literature to film class I'm just now cracking it open. I have paper in this class where (surprise) I must compare at book with it's screen adaptation. I may turn this into a video, but it won't be done until early December at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment